Have you ever started and completed a detox, lost weight, then put it all back on again within a few days or weeks? Would you like to discover a few secrets to maintaining your weight loss, and learn how you can continue to loose the weight, long after you complete your detox?
No matter who you are or what diet or detox you have been doing, maintaining your weight loss should be a nice easy process. In this article, I share Jennifer’s weight loss story, along with my top 10 tips for maintaining weight loss after you’ve completed a detox.
Jennifer and I have been friends for a while, but as each month passed by, I noticed that her health was seriously deteriorating. She went from this really glamorous, vibrant and happy Hollywood looking socialite, to a woman riddled with so much pain that she could barely stand on her feet for longer than a minute. It got to the point where she even struggled to breath in between sentences, and would often randomly fall asleep when we were out and about having a meal together or with other friends. Socialising was becoming a real nightmare for Jennifer to the point whereby Jennifer required a wheelchair just so she could attend social functions.
At this point, I knew that it was time for me to help my friend. At this point, Jennifer had already tried a detox, in an attempt to loose some weight prior to a pending hip operation. I invited Jennifer to come and stay at my house for a few days, so that we could get to the bottom of how she ended up in such a poor state of health. Jennifer arrived at my house all hunched up in pain, and she could barely walk with swollen ankles that looked like golf balls. She spent a total of 5 days with me, during which I coached and mentored her through my 7 day detox program.
By the end of the 5 days, Jennifer was like a whole new person. There was a massive change in her energy levels. She was literally bouncing off the walls. The swelling on her ankles had gone down completely. She was walking much straighter and the pain in her hip had reduced quite significantly. And best of all, Jennifer was delighted that she had managed to loose a whopping 6 pounds in weight in just 5 days of the 7 Day Venus Club Detox Retreat. When I saw Jennifer two days later, I weighed her again and she had managed to maintain the weight loss and continued to loose more weight. Below are some of the weight loss maintenance tips that I share on the online detox program:
- Plan your meals in advance. If you are busy, remember to prep your meals in advance and take them with you to the office. This will prevent you from snacking on junk food like everyone else at the office.
- Before buying a particular food or drink item or eating it, ask yourself whether it is going to enhance your health or harm your health.
- Avoid storing junk foods and drinks in your house. Remember, if it’s not in the house, you are less likely to be tempted.
- Slowly reintroduce sugar through organic fruit and vegetables via juicing.
- Only eat when you are hungry. Intermittent fasting at 18 or 24 hour intervals can be very healthy and helpful towards maintaining your weight loss.
- Ensure that you are present with your food so that you are able to recognise when your stomach is actually full. Our bodies communicate with us all the time, but if we are having our dinner in front of the TV, or otherwise engaged in our smart phones and mobile devices, it can be very difficult to recognise when your stomach is telling you that you are full, so you are much more likely to consume more food than your body can actually cope with.
- Remember to chew every mouthful at least 15 to 20 times before you swallow. This will help to break down your food and make the entire digestion process so much easier on your whole system
- Aim to have a soup or light snack for dinner.
- Drink water at least 30 minutes to one hour prior to eating your meal. You can also drink water and unsweetened juices up to an hour after you have eaten. This will again aid the digestion process, whilst ensuring that you are not depleting your body of the acids it requires in order to efficiently and effectively break down your food.
- Drink a glass of water or a cup of soothing herbal tea at least an hour before you go to bed
Constant pain and inflammation is not meant to be a normal part of our lives.
Intuitive Energy Healer & Mentor, Natural Health Enthusiast, Natural Health Researcher.